- British manufacturing supports flexible moulding options for local lighting company
- Injection mould tooling and CNC machining for low volume production parts.
- Fast Track Injection Moulding - running 3,000 parts a day JUST 4 DAYS FROM DESIGN SIGN OFF!
- Aluminium fast track tooling provides low volume production parts for time critical project
- Metal and plastic parts CNC machined for heat sinks.
- Clear, flexible, metal AND Plastic all required for production part!
- Compression Moulding ideal for low volume production rubber parts.
- Compression moulding suits flexible low volume production parts.
- CNC machining excells giving a high quality cosmetic finish.
- CNC Machined and chrome plated exhibition models.
- CNC Machining provides a beautiful clear acrylic part.
- CNC polycarbonate provides high quality clear cover.
- Injection mould tooling for low volume production parts.
- Injection Mould tooling for clear production parts.
- Injection Moulding wins hands down for multiple production parts.
- Stereolithography (SLA) produces high cosmetic model prototype for exhibition.
- 3D Printing in nylon is low volume manufacturing solution for fastener.
- Aircraft part made lighter by DMLS.
- Vacuum cast polyurethane gives outstanding cosmetic finish.
- Die Casting proves viable for small batch runs.
- About Us
- How We Work
- Latest News
- Case Study: Appello Smart Trigger Cradle
- Bridge Tooling - When should it be used?
- Should Aluminium be considered a tooling material?
- Compression Moulding
- What are my options for prototyping in glass reinforced nylon?
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
- We have news...
- Plastic Parts
- Injection Moulding
- Digital Light Printing (DLP)
- Why should I worry about Design for Manufacture?
- Why should I consider CNC machining when there is Additive Manufacturing?
- Our toolroom is growing so what are our new cnc machining capabilities?
- What are the advantages of machining in ABS?
- There's a new metal 3D Printing process called Direct Metal Writing!
- See us in the newdesign 2017 Year Book!
- Did you know we have a new local CNC machinist who specialises in aluminium?
- Strengthening our capabilities - Plunkett's now offer PVC mouldings!
- Extending our services with new local supplier of high quality tooling, turning and milling!
- We had a great time at TCT!
- New offices!
- PDM Review
- Lights, Camera, Action!
- Plunkett Associates Quality System is now ISO 9001:2008 certified!
- Olivewood wins 2015 Energy Efficient Product of the Year!
- Our journey to ISO accreditation
- SolidWorks, 3D CAD software, launches it's latest and best.
- Happy 10th Anniversary!
- Enough of the hype - Gartner reveals the latest predictions for 3D printing.
- We're getting ready - it's nearly our 10th Anniversary!
- Guy's first month at Plunkett's...
- Guy Holdaway is the latest to join the Punkett Associates team!
- Design for Manufacture - how easy is this to do in today's workplace?
- Is this the next disruptive technology?
- Kickstarter Crowdfunding
- Fun with 3D Printing!
- Please welcome Joanne Hutchings
- From idea to shipping - the product development marathon
- Simulation ahead of prototyping
- The way we worked - how times have changed
- 3D Printing - Beyond the Hype?
- Plunkett Associates gives Airdri's exhibition stand the WOW factor.
- It’s official, Julian is certified!
- New website and branding - it's all change at Plunkett Associates
- Introducing Julian Wooster - a new and very in-tune string to our bow!
- Loopwheel Update
- We've reinvented the wheel!
- Technical Data Sheets
- Frequently Asked Questions
“Plunkett Associates have excellent breadth of experience, work with high quality partners and have a flexibility that we have found enables challenges to be met successfully, cost effectively and in a timely manner.”Nick Skaer, CEO, Orthox Ltd
Plunkett associates always find a solution. Whatever we need to prototype, they have a great grasp on the technologies available, costs and lead-times so we get the right solution tailored to the project needs. Have always delivered and never let us down.Naim Audio
“I can’t recommend Tim and his team highly enough. We ended up with a design which can be produced and assembled quickly, efficiently and reliably, in volumes that make sense”Simon Leggett, Director, Olivewood Technology
"Tim's experience, expertise and supplier base have been fundamental to us getting this project off the ground."Sam Pearce, Jelly Products Ltd
“We were really surprised at how quickly they turned round such a high quality prototype and the parts certainly proved their worth. They were of high enough quality to provide a fantastic visual representation and to undergo rigorous testing."Stuart Wilson, Design Director, TRT Lighting
“Accuracy, finish and delivery all first class.”Andrew Peters, JMDA Ltd
“We use Plunkett Associates because we want someone we can trust, that knows what they’re talking about, has all the contacts, will provide reliable advice and feedback and will get the right result for us.”Jim Copestick. Design Manager, Thorlux Lighting
“We always know exactly what we’re getting and we know we won’t be let down on quality, price or lead times.”Mark Williams, Research and Development Director, Johnson Safety Products
“Plunkett Associates truly offer a complete turnkey solution with Speed, Effectiveness and Precision.”David Harden, Director, Enica Ltd
“Kirintec were thrilled with Plunketts. They made a complex process simple and we were just amazed at the lead times achieved. Plus, every single deadline was met without any drama.”Penny While, Marketing Director, Kirintec
“Thanks to Plunkett Associates flexible, bespoke and cost effective service I was able to produce the objects that I had originally had in mind.”Simon Ryder, Artist
To create such a consistent quality finish in chrome was an amazing achievement and the prototypes really gave our stand the wow factor.James Clark, Group Commercial Director, The Airdri Group
Interestingly, people who look at it in its own right with little knowledge of what it does, just like it! It’s tactile and it looks good…Tim Collings, Operations Director, Troika Systems Ltd
"With their simple to understand language, willingness to go the extra mile and approachability, Plunkett Associates were a great partner for our company. We couldn’t be happier with the results of our project. (A working prototype that they got right first time, by the way). Thank you!"Carolina Ballon-Forrester, Director, Kittyrama Ltd
Plunkett Associates worked on the design and production of titanium frames for an artificial heart valve where precision and consistency was paramount. Communications were efficient and productive with concepts readily incorporated into the final design, and suggestions for improvements all highly appropriate. The quality of the end product was ideal and I have no doubt that I will use the advice and expertise of Plunkett Associates again.David Wheatley, Wheatley Research Ltd
“Thanks for the present that arrived this morning, as promised. Parts look first class, as always.”Jon Todd, Design Manager, PHS Group
“Plunkett Associates have a fantastic supply chain, work with all sorts of production processes and will always do their utmost to solve a problem.”Naim Audio
“ Plunketts developed a solution that met our precision requirements at a cost significantly lower than alternative manufacturing approaches we had investigated”Nick Skaer, CEO, Orthox Ltd
“Doing business with you has been an absolute pleasure. You have made my goals a reality. You have been patient, helpful and above all, responsive. Best service that I have experienced in ages. I consider Plunkett Associates to be an integral part of my business plan moving forward.”Jet Cooper, Sculptor